Monday, October 8, 2012

What is a Church? 90 Minutes in Heaven

The old saying "everything happens for a reason" is a phrase that we have all heard before. When we hear something over and over the principal of the message can easily get lost. The reason that this blog has officially started is because everything happens for a reason. Let me explain.

I am an amateur web designer who struggles every month financially. I also buy and sell delinquent storage auction items online and at flea markets. While I rented a booth at a local indoor flea market over the winter I noticed that not many people were walking through the doors. I have not read a book other than a web design book for school in years and decided to read one to kill some time when no customers were coming to my booth. Across the way there was a vendor that had thousands of books to choose from. I am not one for romance novels or fiction novels for that matter as I love to learn new things when I take the time to read so I picked up a book that caught my eye entitled "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper.

The book was about a pastor that got into a bad car accident. He died, went to Heaven for 90 minutes and came back to tell his story. You would think that being in Heaven for 90 minutes is a long time, however it was not. Don was greeted at the gates of Heaven with angels singing all types of songs simultaneously. He saw relatives that have passed over and they were very excited to see him. He received messages of love and how important it is to spread unconditional love to everyone around us. Don was sent back into his body for a long recovery and now speaks regularly about his experience in Heaven and spreads the message of love to many.With Don already being a Pastor, he has been able to inspire thousands of people with his story of how wonderful Heaven really is and how the other side is truly amazing. His book inspired my personal interest in the afterlife and helped me become closer to God by spreading the message of love.

When people ask "What is a church?" The answer is simple. A church is a place of worship, a place for the community to come together and praise the good Lord. A church can come in all different forms. You do not necessarily have to have a building in order to organize a church or have a church setting. A church means spreading community and love to everyone and those in need. Spreading the message of love...even to those that many not deserve it is spreading the principals of the church, or what God would want us to do.

0 comments: